Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Our USA Adventure - Upstate New York






We left Sept 11th on our trip to the US to see some of New York State, Vermont and Boston and then to visit with Stephen and Andrew and their families. I only finished radiation treatment the day before so we ventured forth with a lot of faith. A couple of days into the trip I felt maybe I should not have come - but Heavenly Father blessed me and things have got better - I have been having a great time.

We flew into Los Angeles and then caught another plane to Albany in New York State - a long trip. We got our hire car and stayed a lovely Mariott Hotel for the night. WE got up next morning and found a chapel and went to church then took off for Palmyra - about 3 1/2 hr drive. We arrived around 3pm and wasted no time in visiting the special church sites we had come to see. We visited the Joseph Smith homes and walked in the Sacred Grove. I especially enjoyed the spirit of this area and had to go back to the motel and read the history related to these sites. The next day we visited the Hill Comorah - a great opportunity to marvel and ponder at the events that took place here.

We took the opportunity to go to the Palmyra Temple- We loved the warm greeting we got as went into this Temple. It has the most beautiful stained glass windows depicting the First Vision and the Sacred Grove. We went back later that evening to take some photos of the temple at sunset. It was a very uplifting day. We also went down to where the Martin Harris Farm was - there was the most interesting stone house there - not the original - but it was a great spot.

No comments: